[ExI] This will not help the Libertarian candidate

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Sep 9 05:11:39 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of spike
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 6:08 PM
To: 'ExI chat list' <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] This will not help the Libertarian candidate

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes

>…Is Aleppo - not Syria in general, but specifically Aleppo - notable enough that it would even have been mentioned …Adrian

…heeeeeeeehehehehehehehheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheheheheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeheheheheheeeee…

That crazy libertarian Gary Johnson, he’s so dumb, doesn’t even know what Aleppo is.

The New York freaking Times, with the INTERNET right there in front of them and nothing else to do, stumbled over that same question TWICE while making fun of Johnson.

Instant karma, the best kind:

 <https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa> Jenan Moussa

✔ <https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa> @jenanmoussa

Now  <https://twitter.com/nytimes> @nytimes correction has another mistake. Syria capital not <https://twitter.com/hashtag/Aleppo?src=hash> #Aleppo but Damascus. Let's wait for next correction <https://t.co/s8YnUX4e8f> pic.twitter.com/s8YnUX4e8f

 <https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa>

 <https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa>  Follow

 <https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa> Jenan Moussa

✔ <https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa> @jenanmoussa

The correction of the correction.  <https://t.co/jqXWhDiAip> pic.twitter.com/jqXWhDiAip

9:24 AM - 8 Sep 2016 <https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/773919903099281408>

 <https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/773919903099281408/photo/1>

*         Silly goofballs.  These are the people we rely on for accurate news?

With the new Powell bombshell, Julian Assange’s anticipated dump will be very hard pressed to top it.  Meanwhile, at least now Johnson is getting *some* media coverage, even if it is ridicule for not knowing something from memory that they missed twice with no time pressure and the internet in front of them.

When I look at the current scoreboard I am reminded of my old cross country coach, who commented:

If you think you can, you might be right.  If you think you cannot, you are right.

spike

 <https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=773919903099281408>