[ExI] right to try bill

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 21:43:06 UTC 2016

On Fri, 23, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

​
>> ​>> ​
>> If I could only ask one question to a presidential candidate to gauge
>> their Libertarian tendencies it would be "Should terminally ill patients
>> be allowed to end their lives via assisted suicide?";  isidewith.com
>> asked them this very question and here are the results:
>> Donald Trump
>> ​ refused to answer.
>> ​ said "yes".
>> Gary Johnson
>> ​ said "​
>> Yes, but only after a psychological examination to show they fully
>> understand this choice
>> ​".
>>
> I find it very interesting that ​
>> ​ gave a more libertarian answer than the Libertarian Party candidate.
>>>>

> ​> ​
> That doesn't mean anything. She's reversed herself many times and I
> seriously doubt she'd approve it without a psych exam. Dont' zing Johnson
> for giving a more complete answer.

​If you are a true libertarian ​and are asked
 "
Should terminally ill patients be allowed to end their lives via assisted
suicide?"
​
then "yes but" is not a more complete answer it is a inferior answer than
"yes".
 And there are no ifs ands or even buts about it.

​> ​
> A more telling question would be "Should adults be allowed to end their
> lives?"

Belgium
​ recently passed a law allowing ​
terminally ill minor
​s​
​of any age ​
to die
​,​

​and I congratulate Belgium for doing so. And a minor has already made use
of the new law.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/child-dies-by-euthanasia-in-belgium-where-assistance-in-dying-is-legal/

​  John K Clark​