[ExI] Johnson has ANOTHER "Aleppo moment"!

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 00:32:57 UTC 2016

On Sep 29, 2016 3:40 PM, "William Flynn Wallace" <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I think the problem with the Libertarians is that, as far as I know and
have heard, they only run for big offices.  You build a party from the
ground up, meaning start small, establish some validity and reputation for
honesty and so on.  Start local and work up from there.

> I cannot understand the purpose of running for offices you clearly are
not going to win.  It establishes you as a loser, an also-ran, maybe even
kind of an oddball.  In other words, poor psychology.

I've been saying this for years.  Heck, if I had the resources to recruit
across most of the 50 states and start a political party, that's how I
would do it: start in races where one of the major parties has no chance,
run candidates that aren't "the enemy party" but aren't the incumbent party
with all its faults (and adhere to an at least somewhat transhumanist view,
to give the party some cohesion), and absolutely no presidential runs until
the new party has state or federal legislators in states with a total of at
least half of the electoral college.