[ExI] Single Payer Healthcare

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Apr 2 16:26:19 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of spike

>…Well, that doesn’t seem quite right, so let’s do this: US-ians can use drugs that are approved by another country’s version of the FDA, some place with a very high tax rate.  How about… Burundi.  If Burundi’s FDA approves a medical treatment program, we just use theirs, free.  We can disband our FDA, don’t need them…We know US style medicine is expensive the way we do it.  The US is subsidizing drug development for the whole world.  Spike

And what if… the US patterns its medical system after Burundi and the Fed pays everything.  Some form of rationing is needed still.  You can go to any doctor, but only once, since she is busy and needs to see other patients.  The doctor dances, utters incantations, calls upon the gods, casts out the evil demons making you sick.  Government pays for everything, but only one doctor, one visit, once.

If so, would that be called a single-prayer medical system?