[ExI] Single Payer Healthcare

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 19:35:38 UTC 2017

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 at 1:19 am, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> [...]

I'm not sure about Canada but in Australia there is a parallel private
health system which anyone can access if they have private insurance or pay
cash. The main advantage to this is that some elective procedures such as
joint replacements are faster in the private system; you may only have to
wait two weeks rather than two months. But complex and life-threatening
conditions are often treated in public hospitals by choice even for the
privately insured, because public hospitals have the best facilities and
expertise.

> --
Stathis Papaioannou