[ExI] Quantum consciousness, quantum mysticism, and transhumanist engineering

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 17:23:42 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>
wrote:

​> ​
> No, because they're all made by consciousness.

​I think it's irrelevant who made the Chinese room. ​

> ​> ​
> Though the tornado one is a bit ridiculous.

​If Everett is right about Many Worlds then in one of those many worlds a
tornado DID make the Chinese room, and in another world a tornado went
through a junkyard and assembled a​

​fully functional 747 ready to fly. ​But in most worlds stuff like that
doesn't happen and that's why the second law of thermodynamics usually
works, there are just more ways to be disorganized than organized.

​> ​
> Just saying the Chinese Room knows Chinese because the guy who built it
> knew Chinese.

​I agree the important thing is if ​the Chinese Room knows Chinese, it
doesn't matter if the little man in the room knows Chinese or not, the man
is just a small cog in a much much larger system.

 John K Clark