[ExI] Quantum consciousness, quantum mysticism, and transhumanist engineering

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Apr 4 19:56:07 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Will Steinberg
Subject: Re: [ExI] Quantum consciousness, quantum mysticism, and transhumanist engineering

>…Spike for president

No way Jose.  I am already president of me.  I don’t want any higher office.

It’s the problem with libertarians: we don’t want authority, so we don’t run for anything.  When you think about it, Washington didn’t ever run for office.  He was asked to do it.  Being the person he was, he accepted.  That he willingly gave up power after two terms set a tradition that prevented our young republic from becoming yet another monarchy.