[ExI] isaac's number

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Aug 1 17:13:52 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] isaac's number

<http://mathworld.wolfram.com/SquareTrianglePicking.html>

>...BillK

OK, so Woolhouse already claims this, in 1867.

I ran 350 billion trials last night (why does that sound like an exaggeration?  (It isn't.))  The answer I get from that is

0.063889013

Woolhouse's 11/144 = .076388889, equal to my Monte Carlo solution to about a part per million.

Wowsers, 11/144, whooda thunk?