[ExI] isaac's number

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Aug 1 18:10:30 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
>...From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On
Behalf Of spike

>...OK, so Woolhouse already claims this, in 1867.

>...I ran 350 billion trials last night (why does that sound like an
exaggeration?  (It isn't.))  The answer I get from that is

0.063889013

>...Woolhouse's 11/144 = .076388889, equal to my Monte Carlo solution to
about a part per million.

Correction, my sim gives .0763889013, but I found a much faster way to do
the calc by generating only three points and calculating an area.

Next we go on to generating three points on a unit sphere, connecting them
with great circles and repeat.