[ExI] video games take 2

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 19:04:37 UTC 2017

bill k wrote:  When immersive VR arrives, putting on the headsets will
really be like entering a new
​ ​
world. When this is available it will become more and more difficult to
tear off the headset and return to the grey colourless real world.
-------
BillK, maybe you need to get out and do some planting so you'll have
something green to look at.  Now if we can tour the Louvre, go underwater
on coral reefs, stroll Japanese gardens and many others thing with VR, I
will definitely buy into that, as I can't do that in reality any more.

What Christian wrote is 100% psychologically healthy, I think.  What I
fear, for others, is that they will play games rather than have a life in
the world of trees and flowers and other people.  Retreating to video games
or other pursuits, as many social phobics do, is *just not healthy*.

Rather than play games, they need to develop social skills.  Again, I tend
to see this as a problem in a teen who isn't 'with it'.  They need to be
dragged, kicking and screaming, if necessary, into the world of people to
develop those social skills necessary for most of us to to those things
Tara listed for us.

Are video games good or bad?  YES!!

bill w