[ExI] evolution

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 22:50:40 UTC 2017

On Aug 9, 2017, at 2:08 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I keep hearing about the Descent of Man.  To me, that is a very value-ridden label, to which I strongly object.
>
> I think it ought to be the Ascent of Man (although in certain cases perhaps the descent is far more obvious).

To you "ascent" is not value-ridden? At least "descent" has the connotation of being "descending from" as in "coming from" or "derived from" but "ascent" seems to have little else than a value-ridden connotation.

Anyhow, wouldn't the value-neutral label be "evolution of" or "evolved from."

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my latest Kindle book "Sand Trap":
http://mybook.to/SandTrap