[ExI] evolution

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Aug 10 04:35:46 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Subject: [ExI] evolution

I keep hearing about the Descent of Man.  To me, that is a very value-ridden label, to which I strongly object.

I think it ought to be the Ascent of Man (although in certain cases perhaps the descent is far more obvious).

bill w

Eh, it’s a genealogy thing BillW.  I descend from Isaac Newton Jones, that sorta thing.  I do urge you to read Charles Darwin, excellent writer, such a proper gentleman you just want to hug him.  He used that terminology a lot, back in the days when genealogy was popular because there weren’t any computer games.  Darwin reminds me of Anders Sandberg: smart as a whip, nice, even-tempered, never has a negative thing to say about anyone, even if they deserve it.