[ExI] video games take 2 billw again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 19:43:12 UTC 2017

OK, I'll respond to my own with more ideas:

You can't help the genes you got from your parents.  Except that in the
future you can - we hope.

Parents can't help the genes the pass on to their children.  Except that in
the future you can hurt or help them.

Interesting moral issue:  in the future a person gets warnings about their
lifestyle such that if they act in certain ways, they will pass on
maladaptive genes to their offspring, but they ignore them.  Now can their
children blame them for passing on bad genes?  I think so, though if the
future holds what we think it might, then all the kids have to do is get
the gene clinic to reverse the mutations their parents caused.

All of this is assuming that everyone has free access to these gene clinics
- probably not an assumption that will turn out to be true, though I hope
differently.