[ExI] naproxen update

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 13:08:45 UTC 2017

I referred some of you to People's PHarmacy where there is an article on
nsaids that was more than a bit alarming about the possibilities of heart
problems with those drugs.

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2017/05/11/really-bad-
news-about-ibuprofen-naproxen-and-other-nsaids/

I have taken naproxen for several years.  Waking up in the morning was
accompanied by pains in my shoulders and hips.  The Dr. put me on 500mg
twice a day and I have had no more osteoarthritis pain.

But as a result of the nsaid article I quit the naproxen cold turkey, and
guess what?  The pain did not return!  Now osteo does not heal itself, so
it must the other drugs.

I began researching, with the help of a lawyer in the Ex chat group (whose
name won't come to me right now) and as a result I take the following:

alpha lipoic acid, boswellia and curcumin, turmeric, ashwaganda,
benfotiamine, B6, B12, optimized folate, sour cherry concentrate (mixed
with lemonade), magnesium, metformin, KI2, D3, fish oil

Something(s) on that list are taking care of my joint inflammation.

This is not just for old folks like me.  Young people like my grandchildren
need this info about pain killers and the alternatives above.

Tylenol is not on the list of warnings, but more than two weeks of it risks
liver damage, so I won't be taking that.  That leaves aspirin.  If I had
clogged arteries I would be taking it.  I don't (CT scan a few years back).

I hope this helps someone.

Bill W, Dad, Big Daddy, HeyYou!, Doc