[ExI] naproxen update

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 14:09:56 UTC 2017

On 21 August 2017 at 14:08, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
> I referred some of you to People's PHarmacy where there is an article on
> nsaids that was more than a bit alarming about the possibilities of heart
> problems with those drugs.
>
> https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2017/05/11/really-bad-news-about-ibuprofen-naproxen-and-other-nsaids/
>
> I have taken naproxen for several years.  Waking up in the morning was
> accompanied by pains in my shoulders and hips.  The Dr. put me on 500mg
> twice a day and I have had no more osteoarthritis pain.
>
> But as a result of the nsaid article I quit the naproxen cold turkey, and
> guess what?  The pain did not return!  Now osteo does not heal itself, so it
> must the other drugs.
>
> I began researching, with the help of a lawyer in the Ex chat group (whose
> name won't come to me right now) and as a result I take the following:
>
> alpha lipoic acid, boswellia and curcumin, turmeric, ashwaganda,
> benfotiamine, B6, B12, optimized folate, sour cherry concentrate (mixed with
> lemonade), magnesium, metformin, KI2, D3, fish oil
>
> Something(s) on that list are taking care of my joint inflammation.

The UK NHS says that there is no cure for osteoarthritis (as it is due
to joint wear and tear) but surprisingly recommends first to lose
weight and exercise. But don't overdo it! Do it gradually.  :)

Quote:
If osteoarthritis causes you pain and stiffness, you may think
exercise will make your symptoms worse.
However, regular exercise that keeps you active, builds up muscle and
strengthens the joints usually helps to improve symptoms.
Exercise is also good for losing weight, improving your posture and
relieving stress, all of which will ease symptoms.
--------

Of course, this is the best choice for many medical troubles.  :)

They then also discuss various painkillers, injections, etc. starting
with the weakest to find the weakest dose that works for the patient.
But they all have a long list of possible side-effects and people that
specific painkillers are not suitable for.

BillK