[ExI] alpha zero

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 7 21:11:14 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark

​>>>It trained itself and it started with nothing but the basic rules and was able to beat the best in the world at it, human or machine, in one day…

​ ​>>…there is no thought process going on behind it…  Dylan

​>…That is a strange statement…If you can teach yourself to be the best in the world at some complex task ​without "thought" then what's the point of "thought"? Who needs it? … John K Clark​

Whatever Alpha Zero did, it’s just an algorithm that can be understood.  What’s so smart about that?  A dumb machine can do it.

As we get better at artificial intelligence, we may discover that what we humans do with our brains isn’t true intelligence at all.