[ExI] letter

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 15 19:53:23 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org]

On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan

>…(Frankly, I’ve never understood why education and sports are so tightly linked together.)  Dan

They’re not, Dan!  Have you heard the post-game interviews from some of the top college players?  Sheesh!  Many of them demonstrate a mastery of vocabulary completely contained in Dr. Seuss’ Green Eggs and Ham.  Are they really going to give this guy a degree?  In what?  Political Science?  Sure hope it isn’t English.

I propose an experiment no one will do, even when in the midst of hot debate over the effect of mild concussion in the sport: make the team retake the SAT or ACT on their way out the door, then compare it to their score from four years previous.