[ExI] UFOs again or AAVs for the first time

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Thu Dec 21 06:48:47 UTC 2017

Keith Henson wrote:

> I think they are all hoaxes.  Of course, the ones not done by humans
> could be aliens joy riding around to befuddle the primitive humans per
> Douglas Adams in Hitchhiker's Guide.

I doubt it would be meat aliens for the same reasons that Spike likes to
refer to as the "canned monkeys" problem.

Then again, who knows? With a few thousands of years evolutionary head
start on us, they could have genetically engineered themselves to be as
adapted to deep space as tardigrades are. Able to stop all metabolism for
centuries at a time, encased in some kind of cyst-like cocoons that dry
out. Radiation resistance, DNA repair enzymes, no need to eat, drink, or
breath, the whole nine yards. Then when the autopilot reaches the
destination you just add water . . . and instant ET.

Might be why UFO sightings are relatively common at sea with the craft
associated with the water. These latest reports sure are.

Spike wrote:

> In real life in this universe... that ain't happening.  Not now,
> now later, not in a galaxy far far away and long ago, we just aren't going
> there and haven't been there.
>
> Without some kind of Hollywoody magic, spacecraft that size will not cross
> interstellar gaps.

Are you aware of the Alcubierre drive, Spike? It's a solution to
Einstein's equations of GR that allows the use of negative energy to form
a bubble of flat space-time that a ship can safely sit in while the space
behind the bubble expands like dark energy and the space in front of the
bubble contracts like gravity.

The ship is thereby carried along by the flow of space around the bubble
and as John Clark points out, space can move as fast as it wants, even
FTL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

Keith wrote:

> That really depends on us living in the base reality and not a
> simulation.  I have been suspicious since Shoemaker-Levy.  I mean, how
> likely was that?

It is not all that unlikely. Jupiter has a huge gravity well. Similar
things have been witnessed before. On June 18, 1178, five English monks
witnessed an asteroid that formed a 22km impact crater on the moon and
wrote about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno_(crater)

But you are right, Simulation Hypothesis opens a huge can of worm for
UFOs. They might not be spacecraft at all. They could be a localized
interface for the simulators to interact with the simulation. Analogous to
the mouse pointer you use to push virtual people around in the Sims game.

That certainly would explain why UFOs seem to defy the laws of physics as
we know them.

Stuart LaForge