[ExI] Neil Gorsuch

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Feb 1 15:49:43 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 7:40 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Neil Gorsuch

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 8:52 PM, Dylan Distasio <interzone at gmail.com <mailto:interzone at gmail.com> > wrote:

​> ​

Assuming his nomination goes through, let's hope he's willing to lean towards states rights on this issue despite his own beliefs

​To hell with states rights! In matters concerning when where and if one should die the decision should be made by the individual involved not by government, state local or federal.

 John K Clark

=========

John your comment surprises me.  With the current wackiness at the Federal level, one would think you would have become a big fan of states’ rights (as opposed to Federal.)  I have.  Well, OK I always was.  Note that the nomination makes decisions at the Federal level, based on the US constitution, which doesn’t say anything about euthanasia or cryonics.  If states’ rights prevail, some of the 50 states will allow euthanasia for cryonics patients.  In that sense this nominee is exactly who we want, ja?