[ExI] Huxley or Orwell - who got it right?

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Feb 5 17:36:29 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK

It might be -
"This Side of Paradise" is the twenty-fourth episode of the first season of the original science fiction television series, Star Trek.
It was first broadcast on March 2, 1967, and was repeated on August 10, 1967. The episode was written by D. C. Fontana and Jerry Sohl (using the pseudonym Nathan Butler), and directed by Ralph Senensky.
The title is taken from the poem "Tiare Tahiti" by Rupert Brooke and the novel "This Side of Paradise" by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Side_of_Paradise_(Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series)>

BillK

Excellent, I thought it had Paradise in the name.  Astonishing to think I was 6 yrs old at the time, nearly 50 yrs ago but I remember that one.  We lived for Star Trek in those days.  I think I did see that one twice, because we carefully watched the reruns in the summer.  I want to see if Kirk really does say with puzzlement: So... there really is nothing to do here... but... play?