[ExI] star trek

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:54:49 UTC 2017

adrian wrote:

updated it from "no man" to "no one".  (Ladies can go too.)

​t used to be that 'man' referred to humanity, male and female.  I suppose
the feminists have destroyed that usage, though I have not seen 'manhole'
turned to 'personhole'.  It also used to be that 'ladies', except in
announcements in large groups  "Ladies and gentlemen....", referred only to
women who met certain criteria and not every woman did.  I assume a woman
is a lady until she proves that she is not.  Ditto gentleman.

Spike, it is extremely unlikely that Freud's discarded developmental
theories will ever see the light of day again, except metaphorically, as in
'anal personality'.  Also, his therapy, Psychoanalysis, is just about dead,
along with any other (like Jung) relying on uncovering the unconscious.

We will gradually uncover the unconscious but not by those means.

  bill w​