[ExI] star trek

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Feb 8 21:57:11 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace

​

​>…Freud was right about so many things, and wrong about more than that.  When he was right, it was amazing… - people are hung up on his wrong ideas, such as oral, anal, Oedipal stages, etc.)…

Owwww damn, are those wrong now?  I really liked those theories.  How long does it take for these to cycle back around?

>…There is evidence that one of Freud's hangups was sex, and that he was something of a prude, all of which did not seem to influence his theories.  bill w​

Prude, that’s a term specific to people who are squicky about sex.  We should have specific terms for those who are squicky about other human behaviors, such as recreational drugs (you know I am a prude on that.)  I propose “drude.”  It even has rhyming potential.  Guy makes like Mrs. Reagan, just says no.  His buds: Dude!  You’re such a drude!