[ExI] b riots: was RE: star trek

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Feb 9 03:00:47 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan
…

>…That's funny because, as Thaddeus Russell pointed out, smashing stuff on campus doesn't actually attack the political or financial elites…

Oh very much on the contrary sir.  That entire distasteful incident was a most serious attack on the political and financial elites.  Perhaps it isn’t the particular elites they intended to attack, but even that isn’t clear.  It was highly effective.  Agreed it didn’t harm Milo a bit; it helped him by drawing attention.  I had never heard of him until I had to look up what was upsetting the rioters.  I still don’t get it.  The guy is a political comedian?  I freely admit I don’t get the jokes.  I am far too not hip.

>…I was wondering, for instance, why these protestors, if they must smash things, aren't going after Trump's various business properties…

Wasn’t he the one of those the arsonists were trying to help?

>… Or in the case of Milo…they've likely driven up the preorders on his upcoming book.)

>…Regards, Dan

I confess I am most puzzled.  I have heard that Milo is a fascist but also a Nazi.  Those two are polar opposites, so which is he?  Who (if anyone) brought in the black-masked people?  Why didn’t the peaceful protestors attempt to capture one or more of them to find out?  The local constabulary showed little or no interest in attempting to capture them, or even to stop them from arson and destruction of property, so we don’t know which they were, Nazi or fascist.  Milo claims to be libertarian, and the rioters apparently hate him, so the mobs must be downwing?  Google results are contradictory and unhelpful.  But this crowd is hip, so…

Help me Exi-wan Kanobi.  You’re my only hope.