[ExI] tumbling pyramids again

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 03:24:42 UTC 2017

On Feb 16, 2017 7:49 PM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

OK now imagine a light shining directly down from above.  The square-down
devices reflect the light four ways, but the triangle-down devices reflect
it only two ways.  The signal return could be detected remotely, which would
indicate the range of h predominant in that sample.  If you run off to the
patent office with the idea, say nice things about me.

I'm late to this conversation,  so I'm going to be brief to catch up.

My initial thought was that CG would not be enough,  then spike used a
super ball to suggest material dependence.

I imagined alternate scales of this thought puzzle.  Ex:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_pyramidal_molecular_geometry

I wonder if there might be coatings potential in the light-scattering
example spike mentioned,  but rather than 1 cm they're in a spraypaint
sized application.

Also,  for the gentle-sims bet for street cred, i posit phi as the magic
height. It's magic everywhere else,  why not here too?

Is there any parallel to the recent "time crystals" conversation if the
vertices of this structure were points of an energy diagram?  I'm sure I'm
using the words incorrectly,  but I don't know how to share the pictures in
the mind's eye.