[ExI] AI humor

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Feb 21 02:58:46 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 10:32 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] AI humor

To everybody:

>…You guys are like a pack of wild dogs into which a pack of pork chops has been thrown, resulting in chaos and running every which way…

I disagree!  The wild dogs go straight for the chops.  We do the chaos and running about with no actual pork chops for a reward.

>…The idea was AI humor.  But it's OK.  I guess that didn't attract any interest…

Ja, but we have no way to prove that we are not AIs ourselves.  Every gag might be AI humor.

>…Is there a dumber name for any animal than 'fly'?  Why isn't there an animal named 'swim'?  Or 'waddle', or 'run'?  We do have 'duck'.  bill w

How about goose?  I have never actually seen one do that, but it must have gotten the name somehow.