[ExI] GOV _ TRUMP

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:43:13 UTC 2017

He did not get elected because of his views on anything.  He's not a
statesman nor a politician.  What he is, is an entertainer.  He got by far
the most press last fall, even in the NYT, and given that name recognition
is highly important in elections, that may have helped him win.  Clinton
had name recognition, of course, but much of it was negative and she was
boring.  Can you think of any case in which Hillary has been entertaining?

Now people seem to want entertainment from everywhere, even including
outside their phones.  And we may be the world's best at providing
entertainment. (Granted that much of it is of the hold-your-nose variety).

That he doesn't know what he is doing, or at least  doesn't seem to care
about tthe consequences of it, does not at all detract from his
entertainment value.  Actually, the more outrageous he is, the more
entertainment he provides and the more press he gets, and as we all know,
negative press rarely hurts anyone. Ask the NYT.

Now when that runs out, when people get tired of his act, we'll see if the
Repubs will keep him.  He may surprise us yet and be not too bad, though
that is not my best reckoning.

Bill W