[ExI] Do digital computers feel?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 16:59:15 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com

 Jason Resch <jasonresch at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​>​>
>>  up until now, all known physical laws are computable,
>>

> ​>​
> What about the three-body problem?

​
The three body problem is computable, I can't give an exact answer but tell
me an error circle with a nonzero radius and I'll be able to place any one
of those 3 planets within it at any time in the future, although it might
take a lot of computation. PI is also computable, tell me whatever finite
number of digits you want and I can compute them. But a non-computable
number is not like that, it can't even be approximated so there is no way
to give a specific one a name. Virtually all the numbers on the Real Number
Line are non-computable, if you stuck a infinitely sharp needle at random
​in
 the Real Number line there is a 100% chance it will hit a
​ ​
non-computable
​ ​
number and a 0% chance it will hit a computable one even though there are a
​
infinite number of computable numbers.

 John K Clark