[ExI] Universal basic income

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 02:29:41 UTC 2017

On Jan 17, 2017, at 2:30 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> re Spike's point about giving away food:
>
> Thousands of tons of food, such as peaches, are dumped on the ground to rot because they don't meet the association's standards for retail sale.  The people you would give them to would not buy fresh peaches anyway, so it can't hurt the market.
>
> And why not give some of the corn and wheat to our homeless instead of sending it overseas?  Recall that I am weak in economics.  I know we have to give some away just for our public image.

Get the government out of food production now. That's the main reason I'm the US that there's so much waste. (And it's not because the US sends corn overseas to destroy foreign farm economies -- maybe an unintended result, but if the US repeats this time and again why not think it might be intended.) And this includes not just stopping crop destruction orders but also allowing full free trade in food (and everything else).

Amazes me that avowed libertarians have to be told this. ;)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst