[ExI] Food Distribution - Was: Universal basic income

Christian Saucier csaucier at sovacs.com
Wed Jan 18 16:00:33 UTC 2017

Unsung.org (http://www.unsung.org/) is trying to fix the problem of
distributing food to homeless and hungry people at a local community
level using P2P/sharing economy technology.   If this model became more
widely accepted and utilized by grocery chains, restaurants, and
community members, it could solve much of the hunger problem in the USA.

One of my startup projects is a company called ripe.io. We are targeting
the produce waste and spoilage problems by creating supply-chain
automation tools built on IoT and Blockchain technologies.  We can
monitor the produce quality in real-time, from farm to the kitchen, and
enable automated re-direction of product to different uses based on
current conditions.  For example, tomatoes that were unexpectedly
bruised during transport might not be acceptable to Whole Foods, but a
food processor or a local Italian restaurant might be interested in them
(at a discount) to make tomato sauce.

C.