[ExI] left vs right RE: Universal basic capital was Re: Universal basic income

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 02:37:24 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017  Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> Capitalism is the system with private control of means of production

I don't know what you mean by "private", certainly not private people
because human beings, private or otherwise, will not be the ones
controlling the wealth generating machinery. The entire Left vs Right
dialectic is becoming more obsolescent
​every day and is well on its way toward total irrelevance.
​Today's real dialectic is 8 people vs ​3.6 Billion people, and tomorrow's
will be zero people vs 7.2 Billion people.

> ​> ​
> Government taxes both capital and labor and in the booming robot economy
> these greedy Washington bloodsuckers will have no problem finding enough
> victims to provide money for their nefarious schemes.

​Methinks you're re-fighting the battles of the last war and not
confronting the realities of the present situation. Fifteen or twenty years
ago I sounded very much like you, but even then I realized strict
libertarian dogma couldn't continue forever, however I figured it would be
a long time before AI started to make a significant impact on the economy
so I could worry about that at a latter time. Well that time has arrived
and its come much sooner than I thought.   ​

​ John K Clark​