[ExI] AI poker

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 01:33:42 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:46 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> I don't get it. Poker is all about probability, and computers are
> unmatched at tracking cards played and calculating probabilities. Deciding
> whether to hold 'em or fold 'em is a simple matter of calculating the
> probabilities. Yawn.

​I've calculated the odds and I figure my hand is slightly more likely to
be stronger than yours, but only slightly, and you can calculate odds too
and you are not acting as if ​you have a weak hand, you are not folding and
instead you are doubling down and betting very aggressively. Why are you
doing this? Maybe you beat the odds and got a very good hand. Or maybe you
just want me to think that. If I fold now I'll  loose some money but if I
see your bet I could loose even more, but the same is true for you too so
if your hand is weak why are you looking so damn confided? Are you bluffing
or are you for real, should I see your bet or fold? The correct decision
isn't obvious to me.

​John K Clark​