[ExI] NASA says it does not run a child sex slave ring on Mars

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 14:01:06 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 8:12 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> NASA felt it had to say it did not
> ​run​
> a child sex ring on Mars because somebody on the Alex Jones Show, a show
> Trump has been on and
> ​thinks is of ​
> high quality, said:
>
> *“We actually believe that there is a colony on Mars that is populated by
> children who were kidnapped and sent into space on a 20-year ride, so that
> once they get to Mars they have no alternative but to be slaves on the Mars
> colony.”*
>
> Vladimir Putin also told Alex Jones to say Hillary Clinton ran a child sex
> ring out of a Washington Pizza parlor, I guess she was in competition with
> NASA's Mars
> ​child ​
> sex ring.
>
> About 5 million people watch Alex Jones, and the nation is getting dumber
> and dumber.
>
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/
> wp/2017/07/01/no-alex-jones-nasa-is-not-hiding-kidnapped-
> children-on-mars-nasa-says/?utm_term=.30cbb5d3e60d
>
>   John K Clark

​ Pinker has long sections about self-deception and deception of others in
The Blank Slate.

Maybe it first started in gossip.  Gossip serves a crucial function in
tribes but the question is:  who to believe?

Then there's our infinite capacity ​for believing the good things about
ourselves, even if ridiculously exaggerated, and playing down the bad
things.  A person who has more than normal self-deception may have a worse
than usual ability to detect deceptions in others.

Some call this credulousness.  Others just stupidity.  To hear it is to
believe it.

Does this question answer itself?  Do you believe that Trump has an
abnormal level of self-deception?

bill w