[ExI] voting

Christian Saucier csaucier at sovacs.com
Wed Jun 14 23:44:07 UTC 2017

Zero Knowledge Cryptography to the rescue!  The Zcash team has written a nice piece about it: https://z.cash/technology/zksnarks.html

"Zero-knowledge proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is."

This could be applied to the statement "I Voted" or "I Voted for Cthulhu" without having to reveal who you are.

C.