[ExI] tabby's star dimming again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun May 21 16:25:36 UTC 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

>> ​> ​
>> Tabby's star is 1,480 light-years away. I think we can safely not
>> ​ ​
>> worry about visitors.
>

> ​> ​
> That simply means that 1480 years ago a not-impossible ET might have been
> what like 5% finished with a Dyson swarm?

Cosmically speaking 1
​
480 light
​y​
ears is right next door, and
T​
abby's star
​ was discovered by the​ Kepler space telescope and Kepler was only looking
at 1/400 of the sky, so if Tabby is 5% complete then fully complete Dyson
Spheres, and even more advanced structures, should be a dime a dozen. So
where the hell are they? We should have found them 50 years ago, if not
5000 years ago.

 John K Clark