[ExI] tabby's star dimming again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun May 21 22:33:56 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark

Cosmically speaking 1480 light y​ears is right next door… So where the hell are they? We should have found them 50 years ago, if not 5000 years ago.

 John K Clark

John that is a question that has been on my mind for years, perhaps the most persistent burning question in my mind.

This is the most recent light-curve I can find.  We now have jillions of scopes trained on it, so these measurements will likely be close together on the time axis.  That two percent drop in two days is a mind-blower.  Now it is doing what looks to me a lot like a second dip and the readings are all over the map:

Such a crazy star.