[ExI] Trilemma of Consciousness

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon May 29 16:10:29 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 11:49 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com

​
>> ​>> ​
>> You're *ALWAYS* going to have ​
>> infinite regress
>> ​ if you insist on sticking with definitions. Definitions are made of
>> words, and all those words have their own definitions also made of words,
>> and on and on we go for infinity. That's why I say examples are far FAR
>> more important than definitions;
>>  intelligent behavior
>> ​is what Einstein did and rocks didn't.​
>>

> ​> ​
> ​All very true, but the only example you will give is yourself for
> consciousness.

​
That's because I only have one example of consciousness, I suspect you only
have one example too but It's logically possible
​ ​
you have zero examples.

​> ​
> Solipsistic.

​Yes.​

> ​> ​
> We need examples that can be measured

​That would be nice, but it's never going to happen.​

> ​> ​
> - ain't science otherwise.

​
And that's why all the consciousness blather on the internet
​ ​
ain't science. So forget consciousness theories and work on intelligence
theories.

​ John K Clark ​