[ExI] nobel prize

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 23:27:43 UTC 2017

Well now, maybe there's a small discussion here after all.  Just what does
happen in the Nobel Prize committee when a person's expertise is in
biochemistry?  Or physical chemistry?  Or any other borderline science -
that is bridging the gap between two sciences.  As for sociology and social
psychology, the usual gap is that the former studies people in groups and
the latter in individuals, though that is not a clean break.

Are there movements to add prizes?  Say, behavioral biology, which is
neither medicine nor physiology.

bill w