[ExI] tech question

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 05:31:23 UTC 2017

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 5:12 PM, William Flynn Wallace
<foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> We lead the world in Nobel prizes every time, it seems, so why can't we
> compete with the foreigners in engine design?  Billions of our dollars are
> going overseas because of this, leading to typical negative balance of trade
> figures.  Not the only source, of course.
>
> What gives?  It can't be just intelligence and creativity, can it?

Just because we lead the world in many things, does not imply we
necessarily should be leading the world in all the things.

Besides, there are rumors the oil companies sometimes bribe American
car makers to make things inefficient, to prop up demand for gas.
Said rumors also claim the oil companies have not made the same
inroads and connections to foreign car makers.