[ExI] .,experian hack

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 00:52:35 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 8:12 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So - now that everyone's info is out there somewhere, what do we do?
>
> Freeze the Experian account so the bad guys can't get a credit report in
> our name?
>
> Help!

Either freeze the major 3/4/5 credit reporting agencies (Transunion,
Equifax, Experian, Innovis, PRBC) or realize that with 150+ million
people's data stolen, it'll likely take them a while to get to you, and you
can deal with it in the usual ways. Unfortunately, the usual ways aren't
that pleasant/effective, and if the data released included credit scores,
thieves won't be using names randomly. I get a subscription to a credit
monitoring service through my employer and another courtesy of the OPM
after its major breach a few years ago, so I'll probably just take my
chances.

-Dave