[ExI] french and english are messed up, was: RE: test

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 17:55:59 UTC 2017

(Well, others are writing 'couple days' in some of my fiction.)

French is crazy:  they think genre is one syllable.  Spelling as crazy as
ours.  Given that the French STILL  think their language ought to be the
lingua franca, (English is the lingua franca - weird) do you think they
will accept modernisms?  Of spelling?  Or words?  Ha.  I do read that
'weekend' has entered French, to the horror of the academics and
conservatives.

I took a Spanish dictionary to Costa Rica to a language academy - it was
dated around 1900.  I used words they had never heard of.  All languages
change.  But the adults never like what the kids are doing to it.  Will the
kids start speaking that way?  Instead of laughing, they'll say  'LOL  LOL
 LOL"

That reminds me of LOLS in NAD, which stands for Little Old Ladies in No
Apparent Distress - by a medical intern - ever read that?  A GOMER is "Get
Out of My Emergency Room''. GOMERS go to ground - i.e. fall off the bed.
And more.

It goes along with my thesis that everyone is pulling down the shades and
hoping the world won't change their tribe's way of life:  language, dress,
dancing, politics, eating (though the Brits though foreign invasions via
 foreign food was great).

I only studied Spanish aside from English.  It's a very logical language,
both in pronunciation and spelling.  Ditto Italiano, I think.  Hear it or
see it and you can pronounce it.  Pronounce it and you can spell it.  Also,
both are beautiful to hear, esp. Italian.