[ExI] female heros?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 20:11:16 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 12:48 PM, William Flynn Wallace
<foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now just how many times a day having sex would you consider to be evidence
> of addiction?

I think a better measure might be amount of time spent per day (on all
things intended to arouse), since "one discrete instance of having
sex" can blur if you look too closely.  Even "amount of time spent"
can blur around the edges, but it is more precise, and a better
measure.  (A hypothetical claim of 10 times in 10 minutes daily would
still only be 10 minutes a day.  One "time" done over a full 4 hours
each and every day would be more of a concern, for multiple reasons.)

> It's not the number of genitals we have that is the deciding factor:  it's
> depleting brain chemicals which, like nerve cells, have to have some rest
> before doing it again.  A refractory period, it is called.  What if we had
> some way of shortening that to, say, 30 minutes?

Some women, I am informed, are able to shorten that to 0 minutes or
nearly so.  Perhaps an early step is to learn how they do it, then
come up with treatments to extend that capability to all women who
want it.  (And then men - but that will take longer to perfect, and
any serious attempt at this must start by serving those customers who
can be served earliest.)

> Or how about cutting out the middle man/woman?  Like pouring the beer into
> the toilet.  Just find the sexual area, implant electrodes, get you some
> alkaline batteries, and jive on no matter what you are doing (if, like me,
> you have had an orgasm while driving a car in traffic - no, not
> self-administered - you do learn your limits).

And wire the reward circuits to things other than procreation.  (I can
think of one sci-fi story where a worker's sexual reward center was
linked to job performance.  The job was operating a cloning facility.
One orgasm per kid successfully birthed and accepted an associated
orphanage-preschool for raising.  Said worker became a workaholic, and
the only people who minded were the worker's parents - who wanted
their own children - and those who sought to woo said worker - who
basically wanted the same thing.  The worker tried resolving this by
tampering with the genetic material used to make the newborns, but
this satisfied no one.)