[ExI] Declining Life Expectancies in U.K & U.S

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:23:14 UTC 2018

Any thoughts as to why life expectancies in both the U.K and the U.S, across
ethnic and sexual lines, have been reversing in recent years, especially
considering that we spend higher percentages of our GDP on our medical
systems than most nations or all in the world?  Haskell

I think it's diet.  In Africa you can find people who look half their age,
have perfect teeth, and don't die of things a lot of us do.  They eat the
foods they have been eating for thousands of years, and when they switch to
a Western diet, they get the same obesity, diabetes, osteoporosis,
osteoarthritis and so on that bug us.   A lot of chemicals have been added
to our foods, from what is sprayed on crops to what companies add to cereal
and so on.  As I have said before, we are walking around with at least 50
chemicals in our bloodstreams that we were certainly not born with.

Add in the chemicals in the air, in our water, in the very dirt we walk on,
in the drugs we take, and you have an incredible mess that you could not
straighten out with thousands of years of scientific studies.  Every day
you see lawsuits based on chemicals added to plywood or sofa fabrics ad
infinitum.  Those Africans experience none of these.  I'll bet if we were
eating what we ate a thousand years ago, we'd be much better off.  Hence
the paleo diet, right?

bill w