[ExI] Declining Life Expectancies in U.K & U.S

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 16:38:03 UTC 2018

Drug abuse has something to do with it. The rate of drug overdose deaths in
2016 was 3 times what it was in 1999 and it's growing fast, the 2016 rate
was 21% higher than the 2015 rate.

And the increase in the number of suicides  certainly has something to do
with it too, since 1999 the rate has increased in 49 out of 50 states and
is now the 10th leading cause of death, you're more than twice as likely to
kill yourself than to get murdered. The 5 states with the highest suicide
rates are in order, Montana,  Alaska , Wyoming, New Mexico and Utah. The 5
states with the lowest suicide rates are in order, California, Connecticut,
Maryland, Massachusetts, New York and New Jersey.  Washington DC has a
lower suicide rate than any state.

It's interesting that the suicide rate in Wyoming is 2.5 times what it is
in California. If I were still allowed to make political comments I'd say
the democrats seem to be making people happier than the republicans, but
I'm not so I won't.

 John K Clark