[ExI] playing psychologist

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 03:46:01 UTC 2018

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 9:38 PM David Lubkin <lubkin at unreasonable.com>
wrote:

> What is the difference between those drugs and alcohol? Too many
> irresponsible people ruin their own lives, and the lives of their
> spouses and children.

I've noticed we have an awful lot of rules because a handful of
> people don't behave.

Sorry, but you don't understand.

Should we make it legal to own nuclear bombs?  How about .50 caliber
machine guns?  Or, what about sarin?  Sell it at 7/11?

The issue of legalization is a complicated one, and I used to lean towards
the 'legalize everything' viewpoint, but it is a silly, pie-in-the-sky
teenage anarchist dream.  Murder isn't legal.  Some things--like
murder--SHOULD be illegal; I think most of us would agree on that.

Heroin, meth, and crack are very dangerous to have around a normal
population, sorry to say.  I don't believe they should be legal, and I also
believe I have more experience with the matter than you do.  Not to be
overly critical, but legalizing everything ever is a nebulous and dangerous
viewpoint.