[ExI] Electoral College and 1177 BCE

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 18:41:07 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 1:48 PM John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> With improved technology I see no reason income per capita will not
> continue but that's not what determines social stability, its the gap
> between the richest and the poorest.

Upon what do you base that assertion? So you don't think the
standard-of-living of the poorest is a factor?

In the USA it is even worse, in 2017 just the 3 richest people had as much
> wealth as the poorest 160 million. I don't understand how any logical
> person can look at those statistics and not shudder, and I don't understand
> how a logical person can expect this trend to continue for much longer
> without blood in the streets. One way or another this will change.

Firstly, that's paper wealth. There's no denying that Bezos, Buffett, et
al, are hugely wealthy, but putting dollar figures on it is nontrivial.
Secondly, it makes me no poorer if my neighbor has twice as much money as I
do. Thirdly, even if you could convince me that wealth disparity is a real
problem, what's your proposed solution?

-Dave