[ExI] Rick Warren on religion

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 22:37:35 UTC 2018

The people of Ireland send their kids to Catholic schools (though many are
taking their kids out as well as not going to Mass) because they have few
choices and Catholic schools are ubiquitous.

Lying on forms, tests, etc. is so extensive that many subjects cannot be
researched this way - sex things for one.  Everybody lies about sex.  Women
are more liberal these days.  Are they?  Or are their survey answers just
different?  Or are they lying now to be hep, or were they lying in the
past?  It could all be conformity to the values at the time.  Outer
conformity; not necessarily inner.

Freedom is becoming more and more popular, in China and many other places.
People see how the rest of the world lives and wants something different
from what they have.  Even the people in Iran (if you can believe their
surveys) do not want any religious entities in government.  They want not a
theocracy but a democracy, and I hope they get it.

In the Middle Ages if your father was a tailor, so were you - for the most
part.  Now people in most places have so much more freedom and so many more
opportunities that I do not see how the conformity from generation to
generation will hold.  And more and more people are moving into big cities,
where anonymity is far easier than in the village they came from.  Then
they can be free to shuck their old ways and religion.  Times, they are a'
changin.

I do not know, of course, just what percentage of Muslims want to kill us,
but it has to be somewhere around .000009 and maybe that's not enough zeros.

And just what do you have against sincerity?  That's like being against
honesty.

bill w