[ExI] it's the yoga!

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 16:33:21 UTC 2018

On Feb 8, 2018, at 4:32 PM, <spike at rainier66.com> <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> How valid is the notion of cultural appropriation?

In my view, intellectual property in general has serious problems. Cultural appropriation overall is, to me, idiotic. Cultures aren’t owned in the first place and they’re certainly not passed along through gene lines or families. Trying to implement the idea through legal sanctions has serious implications for stifling cultural innovation and harassing individuals. (A case can be made for boycotting folks who are, say, being bigots, but that’s another matter and really not a legal sanction but personal exercise of choice of who to associate and trade with.)

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my latest Kindle book "Sand Trap":
http://mybook.to/SandTrap