[ExI] The tools humanity will need for living in the year 1 trillion

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 17:16:34 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> > >  Why couldn’t the same argument also be used to show you could get
> work out of the expansion of the universe?
>

>* Static friction,*

That was just one example, it you don't like friction then tie one end of a
VERY long string to a bowling ball and the other to a bar magnet inside a
solenoid, as the universe expands the ball will get further away and pull
the magnet through the solenoid creating a electrical current that can do
work. Or tie the string to the crank on a air compressor, as the air
compresses it will get hot and you can use that to rum a heat engine; and
the more the universe expands the colder the ultimate heat sink, empty
space, becomes and that means the heat engine becomes more and more
efficient.

> *> Expansion of the universe seems likely to remain substantially weaker
> than most detectable gravitational waves.*

Not if the acceleration is accelerating, if it is we're heading for The Big
Rip and that will be very detectable indeed, even atoms will be ripped
apart and soon after that protons and neutrons.

John K Clark