[ExI] Law of the Sea

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 20:26:46 UTC 2018

Lack of a navy isn't the biggest problem with the Seasteader movement.
It's lack of people.

If you had an island with 100,000 - possibly just 10,000 - people
actually living there (no "virtual" or promises to, but actually
physically there most of the time), that would be the beginnings of
something the international community might recognize.  But just 10 or
less?  No way.

Of course, actually having 100,000 people physically there would also
make having a navy easier.

Also, part of the problem with building new islands where China is
doing, is that they are trying to take away territorial waters owned
(via claims previously more thoroughly established) by other nations.
This is distinct from building new islands far out at sea away from
anyone.