[ExI] Interstellar message decontamination is impossible

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 18:17:12 UTC 2018

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 12:14 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 12:14 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com
> wrote:

>  > The usual reasons I see for why ETI might be hostile are that it fears
> exponential growth of another civilization (simply that eventually it and
> the other civilization will compete over resources or location so why not
> nip it in the bud) or that it fears another civilization might view it this
> way as eventually competing with it

If ET is already way ahead of us and if civilizations grow exponentially,
and I think they would barring some catastrophe , then they’re always going
to be way ahead of us and ET has no reason to fear us. But if civilizations
grow exponentially why are
​our​
​
telescopes unable to find the slightest hint of them, not in our galaxy and
not anywhere else either? Perhaps because they don’t exist and we’re the
first, after all somebody has to be.

Or maybe its because ET has their own version of Donald Trump. I first said
about 2 years ago that Donald Trump was a
​n​
existential issue, and I have even more reason to believe it now than I did
then.

​ ​
John K Clark